Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"timeless and classic"


Beautiful words spoken by the only Alexander Wang.

Photobucket

His all-american sports wear inspired line was something I've never witnessed from Wang. I don't think theres any Abby High Heels in this collection ;P

Photobucket
Photobucket

He used red, white and blue, quote on quote; "all-american". The styles put together are edgy and sporty but theres classics.Leather shorts with lace and athletic socks with sandal boots; these structured beautiful pieces make it more than an all-american sporty line.

Photobucket

Cropped sweaters with leotards incorporated with mesh.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Dresses are said to resemble "delated footballs". Boxy leather shorts and cut-offs hung low with slung, cropped blouses. I'd say Spring2010RTW was a success. Compared to Wang;s last collection, people expected a little more I suppose but come'on! Everyone has high expectations for his lines, I do as well, how can you not but a sporty line is typically out of his element and he pulled it off. A sporty athletic inspired line isn't exactly easy for some designers to pull off!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE WANG COLLECTION!!cute blog!
    I opened a new fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)

    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete